Deliveroo UK Rider Support

Account Change topic

Brexit - Applying for Settled Status to stay in the UK

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss (EEA) passport-holder living in the UK you may need to apply to the Government's EU Settlement Scheme to guarantee your right to stay in the UK after 30 June 2021 - even if you already have a permanent residence document. 

You may also have to apply if you're not an EEA  passport-holder but your family member (including your husband/wife or civil partner) is an EEA  passport-holder.

If you are eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme, you will be given one of two statuses once you apply: Pre-Settled Status, if you have been in the UK for less than five years, or Settled Status, if you have been in the UK for more than five years. Pre-Settled Status holders will be able to apply for Settled Status once they have been in the UK for five years.

If you or your family member is eligible but does not apply to the scheme by 30 June 2021 you will lose your right to live and work in the UK under free movement law. You should therefore ensure you are aware of your eligibility for Pre-Settled or Settled Status under the Government’s EU Settlement Scheme. 

The COVID-19 pandemic means applications are currently taking longer than usual, so if you need to apply to continue living in the UK, and working with Deliveroo, we recommend applying as soon as possible.

Do I need to apply?

The Government's website here explains who needs to apply

How do I apply?

You can apply online or via the 'EU Exit: ID Document Check' app from now until the deadline on 30 June 2021. The application process is completely free, and the website and app will explain everything you need to do.

You'll need to send proof of your identity and your continuous residence in the UK,  and the Government will run a check for any unspent criminal convictions. 

Contact us

Other topics